Don't like oral

(41 Posts)
NotSleepyAtAll Sat 20-Jun-15 21:32:27

I don't like oral. Is this normal? I will do it now and then but don't relish it like I did in my early 20s.

I have a good sex life but can't help feel that something is missing.

How can I like it more? Is it ok that I don't want to do it that often?

OP’s posts: |
Earthbound Sat 20-Jun-15 21:36:07

Giving or receiving?

Whichever it is, you do realise it's ok not to like it don't you? If you don't like it then don't do it. It really is that simple.

Anon15 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:38:14

Absolutely acceptable to not like it smile

AnyFucker Sat 20-Jun-15 21:40:24

You don't have to give or receive anything you don't want to

nothing wrong with that

NotSleepyAtAll Sat 20-Jun-15 22:45:23

Ok, thanks. I guess I feel like it's such a normal part of sex that why wouldn't I.

queencori Sat 20-Jun-15 22:46:53

use flavoured lube

Ledkr Sat 20-Jun-15 22:53:15

Well it's not my favourite pastime but I do it as part of the pleasure giving excercise that sex is.
I would however, never do anything I really hated.

Advertisement

goodasitgets Sat 20-Jun-15 22:55:14

I like giving, hate receiving. Never been a problem, I just tell partner I don't enjoy it

textfan Sun 21-Jun-15 03:02:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotSleepyAtAll Sun 21-Jun-15 08:06:51

-- TMI Warning --

I don't mind if it's 'fresh from the shower sex' but 'sex after a long day at work' just turns my stomach, giving or receiving.

I think previous partners have been a little more considerate with the former, but this is a decade long marriage and standards have slipped somewhat.

Perhaps I'll work on that and see if things improve... and I'll try some flavoured lube!

NotSleepyAtAll Sun 21-Jun-15 08:07:20

Sorry didn't mean to cross out my warning!

VernonGodLittle Sun 21-Jun-15 17:17:52

So are saying that your partner is happy to receive oral if he's a bit "savoury" in the underpant area? I wouldn't enjoy it in those circumstances. I'd be a bit pissed off actually, that he cba to make the effort of 5mins in the shower before sex. Have you told him you'd prefer him to be freshly showered? (But surely he should know this anyway, being an adult)

I'm not sure flavoured lube will make it better - like masking whiffy pits with deodorant...

And you shouldn't ever have to do something sexually that "turns your stomach".

VixxFace Sun 21-Jun-15 18:01:29

Always a shower before oral sex (giving and receiving ) , not suprised you don't enjoy it.

SpendSpendSpend Sun 21-Jun-15 18:16:27

I really like oral both giving and receiving.

However i would not go near a willy that has not been washed within half hour of me going near it. I also wont allow dh to do oral on me unless i ve washed within half hour.

SpendSpendSpend Sun 21-Jun-15 18:17:40

Also dh get me to smell his willy when its been washed if oral is on the cards. If its not up to my standards he washes it again no problem

blahblahblah72 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:22:28

SpendSpendSpend I agree with you completely but the fact that you smell it has made me nearly choke laughing!!

AnyFucker Sun 21-Jun-15 19:59:00

did we need to know that ? really?

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sun 21-Jun-15 20:01:24

Nothing wrong with not liking it,. DH knows he has to be superclean, prefereably with mouthwash on his knob..... (which he does and has done for decades!)

CaptainAnkles Sun 21-Jun-15 20:03:43

Wait, what?, mouthwash on a knob?Is that a thing nowadays? Don't most people just make sure they're clean before they get up to anything? It's just good manners.

MistressMerryWeather Sun 21-Jun-15 20:04:29

Just don't do it if you don't want too.

Would it be a big deal if you said no, or would your DP get huffy?

Ledkr Sun 21-Jun-15 20:35:21

Mouthwash??!!!

I'm getting old I really am shock

MistressMerryWeather Sun 21-Jun-15 20:40:12

Doesn't it... Ya' know, burn?

crispandfruity Sun 21-Jun-15 21:43:51

What about spontaneity? My libido would shrivel if my DH said ' here's your half hour warning, I've just mouthwashed me knob'

ScrambledEggAndToast Sun 21-Jun-15 21:47:54

Mouthwash on his knob!! gringrin Haha, that's a joke, right??!!

MistressMerryWeather Sun 21-Jun-15 22:30:17

Crispandfruity grin.

'I'm minty fresh bey-beh' <thrusts>

Noooo...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in