Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have any info on Riverston School -Independent

(11 Posts)
Mimiso Fri 12-Mar-10 22:18:20

Hi All,

I would appreciate it if any of you would kindly give me some info on Riverstone School in Greenwich please. I am going for the open day tomorrow with a view to have my DS go there if my dispute with my LEA and the school we chose but DS is currently unable to go to doesnt work out

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Mimiso Sun 14-Mar-10 21:55:46

bump

icancancan Tue 16-Mar-10 21:41:04

Riverston has great pastoral care apparently and is very supportive of its pupils. Not a greatly academic school though.

mrsgrayling Thu 18-Mar-10 17:47:07

My son is at Riverston and he is very happy there. His English and Maths have improved immeasurably since he started, due to the fact that the classes are very small and he has to concentrate the whole time. Although it is mixed, there are more boys than there are girls. The years mix well together as everyone knows everyone else. It has a real "family" atmosphere.It is non-selective so has pupils of all standards of academic ability. The "more able" follow a slightly more challenging curriculum for some subjects.

Mimiso Fri 19-Mar-10 11:34:08

Thanks MrsGrayling,

My son went for the assessment on Tuesday and spent the whole day. He came back home all smiles saying how he loved it etc. His feedback echoes what you have written. I now have a dilemma as he has also been offered a comp after much fighting for him to go there. Riverston was a back up but am now contemplating sending him there althought the fees are a worry. Thank you so much though

mmknhy Tue 05-Jul-11 14:37:31

Does anyone have any up to date information about Riverston School? I am currently looking for a place for my 4 year old and need to make sure I choose the right school? What are the teachers like etc?

Leaveitbabe Sun 17-Jul-11 18:56:10

I've been trying to find out some information on Riverston for a while. I found this information on their results. Might be useful:

www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/performancetables/school_10.pl?No=2036169&Mode=Z&Type=SC&Phase=1&Year=10&Begin=s&Base=b&Num=203

tinyurl.com/6957oqs

cjn27b Thu 20-Oct-11 19:38:14

Did any of your kids go? We are now looking at it for DS who has speech and language delay and wondering how you are finding it.

doubleshotespresso Wed 14-Jun-17 17:15:04

I am desperate for some honest reviews from anybody with a child at this school too...

debs23281 Tue 25-Jul-17 11:08:30

My daughter recently joined Riverston - happy to chat if it helps?

Shedmicehugh Wed 16-Aug-17 10:35:56

My ds left Riverston as school couldn't meet needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now