Talk

Advanced search

Shrewsbury or Abingdon?

(9 Posts)
claricebeansmum Wed 11-Nov-09 15:23:32

Does anyone have any insider knowledge on either of these boarding schools please?

CMOTdibbler Wed 11-Nov-09 15:29:45

I don't know about now, but Abingdon used to have a def reputation as for the nice but dim sort of boy - lots of rowing and ruggers (and v good at these) but not terribly academic. I did know some boys who were there when I rowed, and they were happy there though

MrsBadger Wed 11-Nov-09 15:48:49

The Abingdon boys I see around all seem nice, which sounds silly but is actually quite an accolade - they are much nicer, politer, more considerate and less arrogant than the ones from the Other Place up the road.

good links with local girls' schools too so doesn't get that festering testosteroney atmosphere too badly

oopsandbabycoconut Wed 11-Nov-09 15:54:46

A friends boys are both at Shrewsbury and are having a blast. They are both well rounded, independant boys. One is very academic and musical and the other is very ruggerish and both seem to fit in.

claricebeansmum Wed 11-Nov-09 20:30:24

Both sounding good then...

choosyfloosy Wed 11-Nov-09 20:32:58

Not really much help, but when I was at college with lots of independently-educated people, the Abingdon boys always seemed a) friendly and b) did not regard using my surname as a mark of intimacy, unlike some others. I also liked pink as a school colour smile

choosyfloosy Wed 11-Nov-09 20:33:38

Mrs Badger, what's the other place? [clueless]

choosyfloosy Wed 11-Nov-09 20:34:15

oh, presumably R!

MrsBadger Wed 11-Nov-09 21:26:32

yes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now