Talk

Advanced search

help with art, please

(10 Posts)
mistermister Wed 14-Oct-09 17:33:02

Hi, my DD has to do an art project where she has to make a 3d letter (in this case the letter "M" and then pin things around/stick things around it starting with that letter. She has said they can use anything and has a few ideas already, including foam/cardboard. Does anyone have any other ideas please? It has to be durable/able to "stand up". Thanks! If not, I think the cardboard/foam ideas is fine, it's just that she's not sure if there's a better way? smile

southeastastra Wed 14-Oct-09 17:38:10

mod roc or clay?

seeker Wed 14-Oct-09 17:44:46

Sew a M shaped mini cushion and stuff it? That's what my dd would do - but she is very fabric oriented.

Bent wire?

A bent wire armature covered in pva soaked tissue paper?

seeker Wed 14-Oct-09 17:45:35

Ooo how about Oasis, covered in pinned on buttons?

VulpusinaWilfsuit Wed 14-Oct-09 17:47:44

layers of thick card glued together
small boxes glued together

mistermister Wed 14-Oct-09 19:22:48

Thanks, everyone - all fantastic suggestions - this is what I love about Mumsnet!! Thanks again, any more ideas welcome! smile

wicked Wed 14-Oct-09 19:32:11

If you go to a real craft shop, you should be able to buy a polystyrene shape. You can then stick all sorts of pins and other decorations onto it.

mistermister Wed 14-Oct-09 21:30:07

Wicked, what a fabulous suggestion - my DD was thinking along the lines of foam/polystyrene but using pins to stick things onto it is a great suggestion. Thanks so much - will go and suggest it - she's already thought of lots of things to put on it. THANK YOU.

seeker Wed 14-Oct-09 21:33:50

Oasis from a florist would be cheaper!

mistermister Thu 15-Oct-09 07:49:00

Indeed, Seeker!!!! Thanks. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now