Talk

Advanced search

Views on St Albans girls school please

(8 Posts)
stressed2007 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:26:05

Help please. I am going slightly doolally trying to sort out schools for my daughter who will be starting school next year (places finalised very soon).

Please can you provide views on St Albans Girls - she is a bright button but she is quite a free spirit and I really don't want this managed out of her or her turning into a geek child. Please be as stereotypical as you want as I am really scared I will send her to the wrong school

I am also going to be posting this in the primary school section.

Many thanks

cookielove Sun 11-Oct-09 22:28:03

stags or st.albans school for girls?

stressed2007 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:30:40

?.I always get confused with this. The private one - the state one is just a secondary one I think (may be wrong as I am awash with school names. statistics etc and hardly know which way is up!)

cookielove Sun 11-Oct-09 22:32:37

stags is st.albans girls school which is a secondary school, which i could have given you the view from an x pupil view, and st.albans school for girls i believe is primary and secondary, children wear blazers and straw hats i think

cookielove Sun 11-Oct-09 22:35:17

i think this is the one you want

the other one

stressed2007 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:40:21

Yep you are right. Did you like your one?

cookielove Mon 12-Oct-09 17:54:05

i liked the friends i made, but not so much the school, i really loved my primary (garden fields) but secondary school i was bullied so found it really hard. I would say it is a good school but it had flaws

bananaskins Mon 12-Oct-09 18:44:45

Where do you live stressed? Are you all girls or mixed sex family? St Albans High has a big catchment area so many of the girls are travelling quite a way to get there. If you live in Hertfordshire I'd also look at Abbots Hill, I know quite a few girls there.

We also know girls at Stormont (which I've also heard good things about, it sounds very friendly), Habs (only one girl we know but mum is very happy with it) and mixed schools, but it sounds like you're set on girls only?

Just bear the distance in mind, as sometimes the travel can get a bit pressured, not so much during the week but also at weekends when there might be parties and extra activities. If you have girls only this isn't so bad, but if mixed and you have to factor in two different schools it can be a bit much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now