Talk

Advanced search

Need to know of good secondary schools in Central/ North London

(5 Posts)
GemmaB79 Thu 01-Oct-09 21:44:42

I'm moving to London with my son, who's currently in Year 6, in the New Year. I need to urgently start looking at good secondary schools in the Central/ North London area preferably. Any ideas of where to start please??

AmazingMabel Thu 01-Oct-09 22:26:57

bump

creditcrunched Fri 02-Oct-09 13:24:09

Fortismere in Muswell Hill is probably the best comp (results wise)in North London. YOu will have to live within a stones throw in order to secure a place however.

isgrassgreener Tue 13-Oct-09 10:42:04

Hate to say this, but if you are currently in yr 6 and don't plan to move till new year, you will stand very little chance of getting into somewhere like Fortismere.

Applications have to be in this October, so you will have missed the deadline.

You will be considered a late application, so you will have to check what that means.

The same will apply to most London secondary schools as most schools are part of the Pan London applications process. Selective and VA schools may have different deadlines, but the main ones require you to submit the form end of Oct and you are notified of places in March.

Tambajam Tue 13-Oct-09 10:52:26

I thought late applications for the Pan-London form still had to be in by December 15th.
You'll be mopping up places basically.
For Fortismere you have to be under about 0.6 miles away. It varies slightly each year.

There are some good State schools in Barnet although many are selective. You can look at the Barnet secondary booklet online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now