Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ARRRGGGH!! Bloody schools. Rant alert.

(9 Posts)
shivermetimbers Wed 30-Sep-09 08:20:11

My daughter has just started a secondary school where they are expected to wear a black v-neck pullover, which she wears. Yesterday she was told she needs to wear a black v-neck pullover, which she was wearing.It is just pulled a little wider due to her rather substantial boobs. I do everything I can to ensure she wears the correct uniform, but I draw the line at a bloody breast reduction. GRRR.

mumblechum Wed 30-Sep-09 08:25:04

I don't understand. It it that the jumper was on under a blazer so they couldn't see it?

ilove Wed 30-Sep-09 08:25:08

Sounds like she needs a bigger jumper.

shivermetimbers Wed 30-Sep-09 08:31:39

She is very difficult to buy clothes for becuase of her proportions so i have to buy her adult clothes,and the only v-neck pullovers i could find to fit her were quite low v-necks, so the neck is pulled out slightly more into a rounded shape, although still clearly ends in a v, by her boobs.

Stayingsunnygirl Wed 30-Sep-09 09:32:51

I think that places like Asda and Matalan have got men's V neck sweaters at the moment, so maybe that might help - they'd probably be a bit baggier for her.

Though I do agree that the school are not being reasonable here.

dilemma456 Wed 30-Sep-09 11:58:12

Message withdrawn

seeker Wed 30-Sep-09 14:15:35

Get her a V necked jumper from a school suppliers - they go right up to ones big enough for 6th formers, so there must be one to fit your dd.

shivermetimbers Wed 30-Sep-09 14:34:03

I did buy her some school jumpers for a 14-15 yr old but as she is very slim they were sooo baggy and the sleeves about 6 inches too long, she just looked incredibly scruffy. No doubt they would have moaned about that, cant win really.

MmeProf Wed 30-Sep-09 19:08:11

You can get black school uniform V-necks in all sizes. My boys, who are bigger than me, both wear one.

I have a v-neck that I like to wear, and it is a man's jumper from Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now