Talk

Advanced search

Work Experience - airlines

(2 Posts)
LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 23-Sep-09 13:09:14

My 15yr old charge has to organise his work experience and he would like to do it with an airline. Given the current security measures in place with airlines I cannot see him being allowed to do it. Does anyone work as a pilot or in the industry that can point me in the right direction of an airline that allows WE students.
Thanks
LLAJ

paranoidmother Wed 23-Sep-09 13:15:05

my friend well he's my godparents other godson but not related. Wrote a letter to BA and got WE there about 10 -12 years ago and now is a pilot for them.
What type of thing does your 15yr old want to do? I would approach one of the bigger companies rather than little as they will have more experience dealing with this, but probably have a lot of people wanting to do work experience.
Might be worth the school putting in a letter as well as reference to show how keen you dc is on doing this work experience.

Would it also be possible for your dc to do extra WE during the holidays to show that he is really keen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now