Talk

Advanced search

help please! Any Science teachers/people who are good at science!....

(10 Posts)
discoball Thu 17-Sep-09 22:58:53

Please help - my DD has spent the last hour and a half doing a science h/w crossword and has come to me to help with the one and only one she can't get - and I can't help! blush . All it says is "A product of respiratioin" - there are 5 letters, last one ends in "e" - if you could help I'm sure she'd be eternally grateful!!! Thank you.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 17-Sep-09 23:01:51

Is she sure about the other answers? The products of respiration are water and carbon dioxide. I'd check out that -e.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 17-Sep-09 23:02:46

Are you sure the last letter is definitely e?
AFAIK, but I am NOT a scientist the products oof respiration are carbon dioxide and water. She couldn't make water fit at all could she?

lilolilmanchester Thu 17-Sep-09 23:03:17

DS typed the following:
"the equation for respiration is:
oxygen + glucose -> water + carbon dioxide + energy

out of the three products (water, Carbon dioxide and energy) water and carbon dioxide are waste products."

Water is the only 5 letter one. Has she definitely got the other clue right? He'll help if he can

paisleyleaf Thu 17-Sep-09 23:03:22

You sure it ends with e?
otherwise....water?

discoball Thu 17-Sep-09 23:04:52

Thanks, guys - just checked the other answer that corresponds with this one and it does end in "r" after all!! THANK YOU SO MUCH - AND FOR THE SWIFT REPLIES!!! smile smile

lilolilmanchester Thu 17-Sep-09 23:05:26

Mumsnet at its best!

PandaEis Thu 17-Sep-09 23:05:32

well the products of respiration are carbon dioxide, water and energy. none of which fit if the last letter is an 'E'. water would fit if it wasnt an 'E' thoughsmile sorry i am no more helpsmile
xx ei xx

PandaEis Thu 17-Sep-09 23:07:27

grin MN is greatgrin
i was right however other brainboxes girls got in firsthmmsmile

discoball Thu 17-Sep-09 23:10:09

Thanks to all of you - all far more clever than me!! I knew carbon dioxide but couldn't think about what else it could be!! I'm afraid I only managed a Grade C O level in H Biology many years ago!!! Mumsnet certainly is brilliant and most people (all of you) do not make you feel dense or patronise you - thanks again. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now