Talk

Advanced search

Oh school awards night, I've been invited this year.

(11 Posts)
abouteve Thu 10-Sep-09 12:31:13

I always look at the annual awards list in the school mag and say to DD why haven't you got one? I've been invited this year. Not sure what for, I'm bragging excited.

mumblechum Thu 10-Sep-09 12:32:57

OOh! DS got an award in July for outstanding achievement. It was fab, champagne and canapes, the mayor giving speeches, bla bla bla.

I was so chuffed as he was a lazy little beggar for the first 2 years but decided to pull his socks up.

Enjoy!

abouteve Thu 10-Sep-09 12:44:10

Sounds fab, think we might get a cup of tea and a custard cream. grin

LissyGlitter Thu 10-Sep-09 12:52:56

I remember my mum going to some community meeting or other and another mum making a big deal of leaving early to go and prepare her child for getting the attendance award. My mum left at the normal time to take me and my sister to pick up about six academic awards between us and perform in about four different pieces. And I got a detention for turning up looking scruffy.

Although, weirdly, the local dignitary who gave us our awards was also the one who gave the speech at my sisters graduation earlier in this year, so could be a taste of great things to come

abouteve Thu 10-Sep-09 13:23:26

lol yes, it could be for attendance, not too fussed what it's for just pleased she's getting one. As I've never been to it before perhaps I can expect more that a cup of tea. grin

brimfull Thu 10-Sep-09 13:25:27

god that reminds me of the awards ceremony at dd's school

the attendance awards are a laugh as their is always someone who doesn't turn up

abouteve Thu 10-Sep-09 21:37:00

Found out it's an academic award for English. smile

Corporalcornsilk Thu 10-Sep-09 21:38:54

Aw! Well done your dd!

Hulababy Thu 10-Sep-09 21:39:16

That is great abouteve

abouteve Thu 10-Sep-09 21:45:30

Oh thank you, especially nice as English was always her weak subject up until the last couple of years.

LissyGlitter Thu 10-Sep-09 23:25:39

Well done her! Be proud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now