Talk

Advanced search

correct kit for games vs PE

(11 Posts)
cuppateaplease Mon 07-Sep-09 19:01:40

This is probably a stupid question but...
Ds has just started secondary school and his timetable has games tomorrow and PE on Friday. so which of his PE kits is he supposed to take for games: the rugby shirt/black shorts/black socks and football boots or the polo shirt/white shorts/white socks and trainers?

seeker Mon 07-Sep-09 19:30:05

I would say rugby shirt for games - but I think he should take the lot. Can't he leave it all at school? That's what my dd does. And she has the added complication of dance stuff too!

cuppateaplease Mon 07-Sep-09 19:36:49

thanks seeker - rugby shirt it is then - I'll see how much of the other stuff i can cram into his bag!
(he reckons his locker is about bag size!)

roisin Mon 07-Sep-09 20:06:51

ds1 always takes the whole lot at the start of term and puts it in his locker. Then he just brings things home when they need washing.

The PE staff are usually pretty good at telling them as they go along which kit they will need in advance.

welshdeb Mon 07-Sep-09 21:05:00

My ds has the same, games is rugby shirt and shorts, pe is lighter t shirt and shiny football type shorts, they have the same socks and shoes/ boots depend on whether its indoor or outdoor

cat64 Mon 07-Sep-09 21:24:34

Message withdrawn

Ponders Mon 07-Sep-09 21:29:47

Def take the lot every time - strictly speaking it's dark stuff for games & white stuff for PE, but IME if it's too muddy for games they often do PE indoors instead hmm

The white PE stuff doesn't generally get sweaty & muddy in the winter so it can stay at school in his locker. The games stuff will need to come home & get washed regularly.

HTH smile

Ponders Mon 07-Sep-09 21:32:59

One of those drawstring kitbags is good for taking the clothes back & forth, plus a bootbag, (for the boots, obv grin) rather than trying to cram it all into his school bag where it will make his books muddy too

marymoocow Mon 07-Sep-09 22:28:10

At least you got some sort of differentiation. Ds1 has arrived home with his timetable to inform us that he has P.E tomorrow, but nothing further than that! Oh for the days when life was simple.........

madamearcati Tue 08-Sep-09 14:12:04

My DS2 has his first 'double games' today.he has a massive PE bag which holds everything.the kids leave their bags in the cloakroom during the week.been drilling it into him to put dirty boots and wet swimming kit in the plastic bags I have put in for the purpose !

cuppateaplease Wed 09-Sep-09 10:24:30

Thanks for all the replies smile

Rugby shirt was the correct one - although Ds come home in tears - he doesn't like sport at the best of times and they all had to wear their thick heavy rugby shirts and run around the field even though it was one of our hottest days yesterday - reaching nearly 30 degrees!
He took as much PE kit as possible in a huge drawstring bag - but it was soooo heavy. Looks like I'll need to separate it into smaller bags and just let him keep it all in the locker - with the proviso to bring home the muddy stuff!

Oh how i wish schools were a bit more helpful for those of us who are newbies at this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now