Talk

Advanced search

ds1 starts secondary school in 2 days, he is ill

(9 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Tue 01-Sep-09 10:21:29

will it be awful if he misses the first day? He is being sick and has a bad tummy, hoping its a 24 hour bug and he is ok by thursday.

dilemma456 Tue 01-Sep-09 10:23:34

Message withdrawn

PringleMunster Tue 01-Sep-09 10:24:19

I would do all possible to avoid him missing the first day to be honest. The first day is when they get to see the school properly, get their time-tables, start the foundations of friendships etc etc ...

Will he not feel awfully nervous if he has to start a day or two after everyone else?

Does he already have friends there?

SparklyGothKat Tue 01-Sep-09 10:27:31

he is the only child from his old school going there, so knows no-one. He missed his first day at primary school as he had a hospital appointment at great ormond street. He has cerebral palsy so he needs to start with everyone else more so, I feel. I really hope it a 24 hour bug.. fingers crossed

katiestar Tue 01-Sep-09 20:50:00

I'm sure he will be better by then !If not it won't be the end of teh world - they will look after him.

SparklyGothKat Wed 02-Sep-09 09:59:47

he is better today

GrapefruitMoon Wed 02-Sep-09 10:04:49

Glad he is better - I was going to suggest that he went in anyway even if he was a bit under the weather, providing it would be feasible for you to pick him up if he really needed to go home early.

katiestar Wed 02-Sep-09 20:20:25

and infect everyone else ? Nice

SparklyGothKat Wed 02-Sep-09 23:07:55

He is better now Katiestar, if he was still ill I wouldn't have sent him. He was being sick so I wouldn't have done that to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now