Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is your schools policy on drug education?

(8 Posts)
JoeyF Mon 31-Aug-09 19:42:37

What is your schools policy on drug education?

Harm reduction pragmatisim or just say no

Whats the policy on kids caught with person use drugs/alcohol -

Councelling, education... making them sit through someone's cold turkey, work exp in a rehab centre or treatment centre for psycosis...

If they kid is an addict having them sent to rehab then reassessing

But letting them stay unless continual action puts them or others at risk?

Other alerntative approach?

or expulsion?

Likewise which agencies form the background material

Lifeline publications-pretty much the best

Lifeline- main site

Talk to Frank - great adverts but info not always accurate

Drugscope - ex Institute for the Study of Drug Dependancy ISDD

are other info sources such as

The urban75 website made popular by Policeman and reality tv star Brian Paddick

urban75

If information on advanced anti addticion treatments such as ibogaine covered?

ibogaine 1
ibogaine 2

Alcholisim and treatment

Drinkaware

DRINKLINE
Helpline: 0800 917 8282 (24 hours)

alcohol concern

[[www.rcpsych.ac.uk/info/mhgu/newmhgu30a.htm] parents info]

Note many of the above such as lifeline also include information packs for parents

None of thes is a commercail organisations they are just there to help

Plus information on the harm reduction policy regarding that if teenagers are to try the likes of ecstacy anyway better hey can get testing kits to show up additives whihc may increase dangers thus meaning pills get binned... (which

testing kits

Lifeline- main site0

and first aid as it may well be you kid being the sober one

Lifeline- main site1

Lifeline- main site2

Additional info... I have been in the corinors enquiry of a girl who died due to the water poisoning effect and stll come accross many who heink they are supposed to drink lots of water.... is an horrifically painful death

Thats salt helps so parents salty food fri and sat

And go o raves, gigs, festivasls so neither clueless and pro or anti... but pro info and safety whatever you do

And studied this in depth for months for a disertation hence the links

Oh and you can also point out to anyone saying its natural so must be harmless...

So is deadly nightshade, death cap mushrooms... pretty much 99.99% fatal... in 10 days from a bit (they look just like the magic ones) and ricin used to assisinae people and one of the strongest poisons you can find.

of and joints tend to be full of tabbaco so just like normal cigarettes.

On the other hand ecstacy fuelled raves tend to be full of hippy types who want to cuddle everyone not kick the crap out of them or glass them for looking at them funny.

TarkaLiotta Mon 31-Aug-09 19:59:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sherby Mon 31-Aug-09 20:00:20

Please stop filling up active convos with these threads

JoeyF Mon 31-Aug-09 21:47:27

Why not sherby? these issues affect young people and kids why suppress them or brush them under the carpet.

if you dont discuss drugs or sex ed etc with your kids somone else will ie class mates and the info they will give to fill the gaps wont be accurate and likly to lead to harm occuring to your kids.

You cant deal with these issues by hiding them or pretending they are not there

Tarka the disertation was a Anarchic, anti authouritarian harm reduction drug education video targetted at its target audience not the parents.

Ie the themes were based around the fact most people would try something so here unlike most was the honest truth, saying things as they were no fluffing over like the pro lot do and no hysterical demonisation by the anti lot just all you need to know and honestly no BS.

It would also cover the good and the bad and how you can minimise the risk with the ethos of if honest about the less harmful drugs when saying the extremely harmful ones should not be touched the statment would be taken more seriously.

The nti authouritarian stance was to get credibility from the target audience

Ie telling kids to be goody too show nurds not going to help.

Telling kids that the way to refuse say poppers is something like' Look mate I dont want f&&&* ing headaches you got a F&&^*ing problem with that?' is better than 'My mumsie wumsie says drugs are bad so I got to be a good little boy or girl and not take them'

In a very youthy, in your face, cynical character based style

Plus it would cover notions that yes raves are a good thing in that they are full of fluffy huggy hippy people who dont want fights. As opposed to drunken football violence.

But ecstasy is not 100% safe so here's what you need to know...

get the gist?

katiestar Tue 01-Sep-09 21:05:55

Very patronising view of teenagers i think Joey F

tethersend Fri 04-Sep-09 14:21:24

I hope your "anti authouritarian(sic)" dissertation didn't read like your posts.

I find that if I'm anti anything, it's usually best to learn how to spell said thing.

Just a tip.

KembleTwins Fri 04-Sep-09 14:22:57

What are you doing on here again? Go away.

KembleTwins Fri 04-Sep-09 14:25:09

And if you're genuinely interested in school policies on these things, why are you posting on here? Drugs policies are easy to look at - try a school or LEA website. This is mumsnet, not schoolsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now