Talk

Advanced search

How much would you pay for A - level tutoring

(8 Posts)
mumblecrumble Fri 21-Aug-09 19:59:06

Hi there,

Have an ex studetn who left early due to mega family trouble [all resolved now] and didn;t complete A level music course.

She is now applying for Uni in few years time and has asked me to tutor her through the course.

This would be a new course as spec has changed and I would be teaching her all of it rather than kind of extra tutoring to compliment her at college type thing.

I;'m really stuck as what to charge..... Have done tutoring but it was more to help with homework so didn;t need much marking or prep. This will require that plus me organising recording equipment for coursework, entering for exams etc.

Any thoughts on what I should charge? If I did 2 hours per fortnight [plus all the bakground stuff and some assignment marking via email]

thanks

mumblecrumble Fri 21-Aug-09 20:51:32

Self bump...

brimfull Sun 23-Aug-09 01:08:43

dd had maths a level tutoring for a term
basically going through past papers
£25/hr -throuhg an agency £20/hr without agency

MiddleClassBitch Sun 23-Aug-09 01:16:17

£25 per hour not through an agency here.

However, it dpends on where you are in the country.

Rafaella Sun 23-Aug-09 15:09:19

£25 per hour for French tutor at A level - mainly conversation so no prep required

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 15:20:25

Unions for teachers advise about £30-£35 per hour, but most colleagues my way (midlands) charge £22-£28 per hour.

poppy34 Sun 23-Aug-09 15:28:00

we paid £25 per hour in london for ds- there is a tutor website (first tutors?) that has rates on it

mumblecrumble Tue 25-Aug-09 17:22:11

Excellent , cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now