Talk

Advanced search

re schools in bucks

(5 Posts)
claire142 Thu 20-Aug-09 23:23:43

we are moving to bucks in oct help and still havent finally settled on an area !! needing to think of primary and secondary and want a good local secondary school so dont have to rely on 11+ and put too much pressure on havew ds 9 dd7and 2 .any one any idea have looked at princes risborough but not sure on top school .any idea ? prestwood or little missenden .any help really appreciated cheers

Bellabellabella Mon 24-Aug-09 10:56:08

Hello, I am sure someone will be along to help soon. From what I have heard Misbourne (sp?) and John Collet are ok, Misbourne is about to have a new Head. I think that they are the 2 schools that serve the areas you are looking at. Good luck.

mumblechum Tue 25-Aug-09 14:17:20

Sir William Borlase (Marlow), Royal Grammar(boys only, Wycombe) and John Hampden (ditto) are all fairly good, but Borlase gets outstanding results every year. I think Prestwood and Missenden would be in catchment for both the Wycombe boys' grammars, and if you have daughters, Wycombe High (again, a grammar in Wycombe) gets v good results.

Don't know about high schools.

trickerg Tue 25-Aug-09 14:57:02

If you don't get into grammars - misbourne, holmer green upper, risborough upper are probably the best sec moderns around. (There are some ropy ones because of selection.) Primaries, I mentioned on primary thread:
lacey green and gt kingshill (church schools usually full) little knigshill, prestwood junior (o/s a while ago, prob still is), naphill (my son went there - good school) Holmer green junior.

Sorry about capitals (or lack!)

claire142 Sat 29-Aug-09 23:51:29

thanks for all the info may now look at prestwood /missenden as more houses to rent but i di like lacey green school although may be full thANKS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now