Talk

Advanced search

swiss gear rucksacks

(7 Posts)
discoball Sat 15-Aug-09 13:42:51

Wondered if anyone could help... my daughter needs a new rucksack for school (they carry SO much now, don't they?!) and I've heard that the Swiss Gear rucksacks are very good - does anyone know who stocks them? Many thanks;

seeker Sun 16-Aug-09 15:39:06

I don't know the ones you mean, I'm afraid - but just to warn you, my 13 year old dd would die rather than carry any sort of ruc sac! Check what the other girls are carrying before you splash out!

seeker Sun 16-Aug-09 15:41:43

Blimey, just looked at the price! DEFINITELY check before buying!

Ixia Mon 17-Aug-09 21:43:15

They come up in TKMaxx every so often, far cheaper, but they seem (to me) to be quite heavy before you add half a ton of school books to it.

Lilymaid Tue 18-Aug-09 09:19:35

I;ve seen them sold cheaply in WH Smiths occasionally. But would it be fashionable enough for a teenage girl? The only people I've ever seen using them have been middle aged men.

magentadreamer Tue 18-Aug-09 09:51:17

My Dd aged 12 and not a follower of trends does use a back pack but it's one that looks fashionable. DD also states that you need one thats big enough to carry everything but isn't too big as to be labelled a suitcase - the social death quipe apparently at her school.

discoball Tue 18-Aug-09 11:15:24

Hi, all - many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated. My DD is 12 and is not interested in following trends (for now!) and just wants a rucksack that will last the duration! She tends to customise them anyway with various things! Thanks again, smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now