(8 Posts)
missile5 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:36:32

Any views.

missile5 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:37:42

QE Boys in Barnet.

southeastastra Tue 04-Aug-09 22:38:45

yes heard it has a great south facing terrace

charmander Tue 04-Aug-09 23:06:35

when i worked it barnet it was very hard to get into and they more interested in results that in the actual boys. e.g. you had to be predicted an A at gcse and get an A to be able to go on and do the subject at A level. So even if you got an A at gcse maths if you were predicited a "b" you would not be allowed to do A level maths. Hope this makes sense. Mind you that was 5 years ago so hopefully things have moved on.

Do they still do selection tests? Boys used to get in from many many miles away whereas the kids I taught who lived just up the road did not stand a chance.

Have they got a new pool yet?

Did good productions (e.g. Sweeney Todd) when i was around.

margotfonteyn Wed 05-Aug-09 10:38:41

Go on that elevenplusexams.co.uk website.(sorry can't do links) There's loads about QE boys in the Herts section.

3littlefrogs Wed 05-Aug-09 17:33:50

They do chuck them out if they don't get all As at GCSE. I have been told by a parent if they don't think they will get all As, they make them sit the exams at a public examinations centre, so as not to affect their ratings.

It is a top school that gets excellent results, but you need to be sure your ds is very academic, very tough and self motivated.

2009 Wed 05-Aug-09 22:00:01

and very into rugby smile

donnie Sat 15-Aug-09 15:45:46

extremely academic and in a rather merciless way. Very pressurised. Not good if you are likely to struggle in any way. My pal did a mat leave 2 term cover there and hated it and she's taught all over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now