Talk

Advanced search

Gifted & Talented Lead School

(7 Posts)
loveandlight Mon 03-Aug-09 22:01:09

What does it mean when a school mentions it's a Gifted & Talented Lead school on its school website?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 03-Aug-09 22:04:13

Maybe the G&T policy went down like a 'lead' weight there?

No idea, sorry.

RustyBear Mon 03-Aug-09 22:11:53

See about halfway down this page.

snorkle Mon 03-Aug-09 23:10:08

There's a national initiative which aims to enhance the learning of those who have the ability to develop significantly ahead of their year group. The national programme, Young Gifted and Talented, aims to ensure that these students receive the education that is particularly suited to their needs and abilities, allowing them to fulfil their true potential.

G&T Lead Schools are supposed to lead the way in training and developing their staff in this initiative and to network with other schools locally and nationally to ensure that expert knowledge and practice is disseminated through the wider educational network.

We have one near us too.

loveandlight Fri 07-Aug-09 18:12:21

Thanks for all your input guys. In particular a big thank you to snorkle. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Balbo Tue 08-Sep-09 15:07:47

Hello there,
As you are already in a conversation on this subject I was wondering if you might help me towards finding out what to do with a gifted primary school pupil? The child is 6 and a half, reading, maths and writing ability age 10, a sporadic reader at 2.5 years. Her school have just informed her mother, that they can't keep up with her rate of development and that she will have to take up the slack at home!!!! The child's behaviour is changing, we suspect because although intellectually three years ahead of herself, she's emotionally still six and having trouble dealing with it. Any guidance towards advice or more information than the G&T website presently offers most gratefully received.
Thank you
Balbo

loveandlight Sat 12-Sep-09 10:06:48

Hi Balboa,

If you give me an email address I can send you a private message about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now