Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know a school in finchley called Wren Academy. Is it any good?

(4 Posts)
mellisa2 Thu 23-Jul-09 19:29:33

Hi, looking for schools in Finchley. This school is quite near to me. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of it.

mdrooney Fri 24-Jul-09 12:10:18

The school opened in september last year so has only 1 year group at present, 5 of dds friends went there and have had a v good year. its a mixed school but the core subjects are taught sepreatly to boys and girls. as far as I have been told its very good for extra criculam activities, and the head is meant to be very driven in making the school a sucess.
Its a faith school so need to be practising a faith and what I can gather was very over perscribed for this years intake. hope that helps a little.

isgrassgreener Fri 24-Jul-09 23:20:24

Don't think everyone is admitted on faith. I believe they have to take a proportion of the intake from the local community and they can be non faith. There admission criteria will be on the Barnet website.
As the previous poster said only one year in so still new, but seems to have lots of focus and is proving quite popular.

ConstantlyCooking Fri 24-Jul-09 23:55:58

i have heardy v good things about the SEN provision, but have no direct experience. Also v favourable reports from those who have visited the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now