Talk

Advanced search

being nosy, is Christs Hospital as good as they say it is?

(8 Posts)
Meglet Tue 14-Jul-09 22:37:58

My dc's are still tiny so I am not even thinking about senior schools yet BTW. But I have always noticed good press about Christs Hopsital school. My sister went to Uni with two lads from there and they raved about it. Is it really that nice? I am being pfb-ish about my ds and panic when I think about some of the grotty senior schools near me, I should know I went to one of them grin.

clam Wed 15-Jul-09 19:07:38

Can't really help, except to say that both my parents went there in the late 1940s! Long before it was co-ed, mind you. They survived.

5Foot5 Wed 15-Jul-09 19:50:33

Oh that's where Gene Simmon's did the first series of Rock School I think.

Not much help I guess.

Except they do have a funny uniform...

bodiddly Wed 15-Jul-09 20:17:58

It depends on your child's character as to whether it will suit the child. It is a fantastic school as, although it is academic, it gives its pupils the chance to try/excel at so many things - music, drama, sport. It has its own theatre, sports centre, orchestra/band etc. You couldn't really ask for better facilities. Another benefit is that there is a real mix of people there as, being charity based, pupils are from all walks of life.

Im sure that if your child is suited to boarding school life then they will love it! That said, many people aren't boarding school minded.

bodiddly Wed 15-Jul-09 20:18:23

If you want any more info about it then feel free to CAT me.

Meglet Wed 15-Jul-09 21:53:20

5fot5 um, yes, I first heard of it through the Gene Simmons series blush. Never knew it before that.

bodiddly It does seem like such a positive school and the fact they have a real mix of children must do them the world of good. I was a dreadful underachiever once I hit senior school (despite being top of the junior school and later getting into Mensa) so I'm already worrying about trying to make sure my dc's have more chances and better support (like every parent then grin).

bodiddly Wed 15-Jul-09 21:56:34

it is definitely worth keeping in mind ... go and have a look around and see what you think! I would rave about the place but I know others who are anti-boarding schools etc who will paint a different picture.

I don't have any personal experience of the school but I did use to read the most hysterical blog that a boy at the school wrote. Unfortunately the staff found out and soon became suspicious of who it was writing it and it stopped. Which was a shame as he was so funny and ariculate he was a total credit to the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now