Talk

Advanced search

DS#1. Normal service is resumed.

(4 Posts)
OrmIrian Fri 26-Jun-09 09:58:15

Had DS#1's Year 7 parent's evening last night. After the one in December when they couldn't say enough lovely things about him, last night was decidely 'meh'. That familiar phrase 'a little too laidback' reared it's head again. And 'I don't really hear from him in class' too hmm

Science teacher was enthusiatic though. DS is on level 6 for science. Sensible, enthusiastic, capable, interested, lively but not too lively.

They all said what a nice friendly polite boy he was. But it does seem like a return to form. Ho hum....

Anyone else had a parent's evening recently?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 26-Jun-09 12:23:53

Yes, had ours last week, which was our first chance to meet DD's teachers. They were all very positive about her, which was nice. Your DS sounds lovely, Orm. What did they mean by 'a little too laidback' and what was DS's take on it?

OrmIrian Fri 26-Jun-09 12:54:39

I think they mean lazy lady grin And that has been the teachers' perennial cry about him since reception. He has to enjoy a subject to make any effort - which is why art and science are the top marks. But how do I get him to understand that school isn't supposed to be just fun? <sigh>

BTW he agrees but blames the teachers for making it too boring hmm But obviously not the science and art teachers. Oh no!

cory Fri 26-Jun-09 15:28:19

we had one, but I was strictly monitored as to which teachers I was allowed to see lol
(as in, 'you are NOT to see mrs X, I don't trust you')

so everything I heard was very positive wink

perhaps your ds would like to get together with my dd for some useful tips grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now