Advanced search

Bullying (sorry long)

(67 Posts)
herbietea Wed 03-Jun-09 19:08:37

Message withdrawn

Cammelia Wed 03-Jun-09 19:10:25

I would make a report to the police

cornsilk Wed 03-Jun-09 19:11:15

What! The teacher saw a boy being assaulted with a metal bar and nothing happened. Fucking hell. Contact the police.

girlandboy Wed 03-Jun-09 19:12:45

Keep him at home.

I would. This is completely unacceptable, and very scary.

The school sound very ineffective and I wouldn't said a child of mine back there until it's sorted.

herbietea Wed 03-Jun-09 19:14:04

Message withdrawn

girlandboy Wed 03-Jun-09 19:14:24

send not said

And yes, I agree with the others, report it to the police.

cornsilk Wed 03-Jun-09 19:15:46

Internet bullying as well? Horrible.

smartiejake Wed 03-Jun-09 19:19:02

Definitely report this to the police and I would also be reporting this the board of governers as the school have been totally ineffectual.

Get a copy of their anti bullying policy too and write down all the examples of how they have not been following it.

herbietea Wed 03-Jun-09 19:28:35

Message withdrawn

Singstar Wed 03-Jun-09 19:31:14

If it was me I'd keep him off school but be there at the school gates first thing in the morning to greet the head to demand a response and course of action. Show the school how seriously you are taking it and they will react to your behaviour. A lot of the time I think the schools think they can brush stuff like this under the carpet so as not to affect league tables etc. I'd threaten police action to see what effect it has and if its not to your satisfaction then get the police involved. Good luck and hope your son is ok. Must be awful but it sounds like having his big brother there is helping him at the very least.

bigchris Wed 03-Jun-09 19:33:00

bloody hell
the school sound appalling
could you go to the LEA?

Singstar Wed 03-Jun-09 19:37:35

God you poor thing - must be hard to show restraint as well. I know if it was my son, I'd just want to get these kids and give them a taste of their own medicine, but I don't suppose that would do much good !! S'pose you should try the official line (at first anyway [wink})
Hope the surgery goes ok

cornsilk Wed 03-Jun-09 19:41:01

Contact the police. The school wouldn't be so relaxed about it if a member of staff had been attacked with a metal bar on his way to school - and rightly so.

poopscoop Wed 03-Jun-09 19:46:47

Herbie - poor you and poor DS2.

I think you are absolutely right in thinking you should keep DS2 off school tommorrow. In fact explain to the school (we have done this) this DS2 will not be returning until an investigation has been carried out and those responsible for the assault (which it is) are punished and their parents informed.

I am angry for what you are going through as a family. Please do not put DS2 back into the environment until it is sorted and that you have assurances from the school that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated and assurances that your son is being educated in a place of safety whilst he is in their care.

herbietea Wed 03-Jun-09 19:59:05

Message withdrawn

poopscoop Wed 03-Jun-09 20:12:58

Is this a state school or independent just out of interest?

herbietea Wed 03-Jun-09 20:31:06

Message withdrawn

Kayteee Wed 03-Jun-09 22:14:00

Take him out until it's been resolved. My friend is a teacher and has done the same. She has told the school that her ds will not be back until something has been done about the bullies. She's home-educating him for now.

magentadreamer Wed 03-Jun-09 22:49:25

I do hope your DS is ok.

If this had happened to my DD I'd also be contemplating calling the police. What if your DS1 hadn't been around to get this thug off of DS2? Just because it happened in school grounds doesn't mean it wasn't an assault.

The school appear IMHO to be trying to brush it under the carpet. I would sincerely hope that if my DD was attacked with an iron bar which was witnessed by a teacher that at the very least the thug in question would not have been on school premises to further attack my DD at lunchtime. I would be asking why this child was allowed in school after the intial attack. And no way would my DD be going back to school till the bullies were removed permanently. I hope you get answers tomorrow.

3littlefrogs Wed 03-Jun-09 22:59:36

Report to police.

Take him to your gp for a check up, so that it is written in his medical record.

The gp might also be good enough to write a certificate stating that absence is due to physical assault.

Spitting is a serious assault, and should be recorded in his medical notes.

I would keep, and copy, all the evidence of cyber bullying. Give one set of copies to the head and the other to the police. Get a crime number.

Your son may be entitled to criminal injuries compensation.

I would also insist that the parents of the other kids are given copies of the evidence of the cyber bullying.

Do you feel that DS1 should be kept home tomorrow as well?

Goblinchild Thu 04-Jun-09 07:36:06

For every significant incident, the school should have interviewed all the individuals concerned and written an incident report.
It should also include what action was taken.
Ask for copies and file them.
Tell the school you are keeping a daily incident log which you will be using as evidence.
Don't rely on verbal communication, email them and ask for written responses, so that you have more evidence for your file.
Have you contacted the governors?

piscesmoon Thu 04-Jun-09 07:47:35

I agree with Goblinchild. I would go to the school and demand that action is taken (tell them you are informing the police)-my DSs go to a state comprehensive and the incident would have been taken very seriously-pupils would have been suspended.

cory Thu 04-Jun-09 08:13:33

agree with Goblin and Pisces; I would have expected suspensions; and make sure you do keep a log with the dates

piscesmoon Thu 04-Jun-09 08:23:09

A boy who hurt my 15yr old DS with a practical joke that went wrong (even my DS agree that it was stupid rather than malicious) was suspended for 2 days -the Head said that he would have been permanently excluded if it had been deliberate. This was nothing on the scale of the bullying that your DS is getting. Make huge waves-don't stand for it.

herbietea Thu 04-Jun-09 09:19:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now