Talk

Advanced search

Yr 7 revison and extra help

(5 Posts)
Starmummy Sun 24-May-09 14:23:42

My friend her daughter has just failed entry for year 8 in a school here (DXB). Her daughter has been marked as year 5, (def checked not level 5) in both english and maths. Now her mum understands ok about maths (not happy but recognises its not her dd best subject). However she is shocked to her core about English. Back in October, DD was asked to enter a competition across the emirate as the school representative. So that would sort of imply to me at least that she was quite good, or maybe even very good?

Anyway this thread isnt about that but about are there any websites apart from the BBC that she can use to help her with the maths and the English comprehension?

TIA.
PS I'm just off to check on DS studying for exams, I always thought friends DD was way ahead of DS. gulp.

foxytocin Sun 24-May-09 14:28:49

here

Starmummy Sun 24-May-09 14:34:31

Thanks, I've already told her about BBC revisewise. Just looking to see if there are any other sites that could help, to vary between her single mum working and the days she is to have a tutor.

mommakaz Thu 28-May-09 09:48:39

Hi there, I am an ex primary school teacher and for Maths I would recommend Keys For Maths www.keysformaths.com it gives very detailed feedback on what your strengths and weaknesses are and helps you see where you are going wrong. Kids seem to really enjoy it too.

Sorry, not much advice on English. Depends on what areas of English are a problem - is it grammar etc?

Starmummy Tue 02-Jun-09 16:21:07

Thank you so much mommakaz. I shall pass the info on right now. Might use it for DS as well ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now