Talk

Advanced search

Periodic table - help please

(9 Posts)
seeker Sun 12-Oct-08 17:24:08

Does anyone know what the different sections in the periodic table are called? I know that the alkali metals are at one end and the noble gasses are at the other, but I can't remember what the others are called - and we can't find a non-complicated site to tell us!

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 17:25:54

online help at hand!

seeker Sun 12-Oct-08 17:29:21

Thank you. I didn't want to say "MB - HELLLLLLLP" but I knew you would! She has her colouring pencils out as we speak.

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 17:32:05

I've just done it with my year 8s so the link was fresh in my mind! smile

seeker Sun 12-Oct-08 17:39:11

You must be doing exactly what my dd's form's doing.

What's on the menu for next week?!

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 17:42:16

LOL!

We are currently working out way through the weathering of rocks, which will finish after our half term

Then it is heat, temperature, expanding contracting, conduction, convection and radiation.

I rather like the KS3 curriculum.

new KS4 is pants for Biology, loads of waffly 'ethics, what do you think?' shite, when they don't really understand most of the science behind it

KS5 is fun

seeker Sun 12-Oct-08 18:28:03

Apparently dd is doing vaccination next week - but that's becasue it's an all girl school and they are having the anti-HPV jab soon. Weathering of rocks sounds fun - I will enjoy that!

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 19:18:19

Ah, we have done mircro-organisms and vaccination already. It was the first thing we did this term.

SqueakyPop Mon 13-Oct-08 21:18:45

I have done Food & Digestion and Atoms & Elements so far with my Year 8s, and am about to start Heating & Cooling.

I tend to do a Biology, a Chemistry, a Physics topic until we are done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now