Talk

Advanced search

Godson's GCSE results - not being told

(7 Posts)
whatdoesthismean Sat 23-Aug-08 00:00:06

Godson's GCSE results were out on Thurs. Didn't hear anything, texted his Mum but heard nothing back. Know they're not away, and they live too far away to drop by. Was going to call but given that I've had no response to my text asking how he did, wonder if I should just leave it alone til I hear from them? (But having being otherwise close for 16 years am finding it hard to sit and wait)

MarsLady Sat 23-Aug-08 00:01:00

Maybe they're all out celebrating! You'll know tomorrow. Patience my lovely, patience!

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Sat 23-Aug-08 00:07:15

If you've asked and they haven't told, I think you just have to wait and not push it. A friend has not responded to my similar enquiry - I suspect it means disappointment and dejection at home and they'll tell me when they're ready. Other friends with better news have been very quick to share.

christywhisty Sat 23-Aug-08 00:19:02

I rang my mum last week asking how my niece had done in her A levels. Niece was really upset and wouldn't tell my sister her results. They new she hadn't failed but she hadn't got what she needed for the uni she wanted.
Took her until next day to tell my sis who text me. Actually turned out for the better as through the clearing system she has got a course she will probably enjoy more and a nicer uni.

I think your just going to have to be patient.

christywhisty Sat 23-Aug-08 00:19:47

sorry that was knew

mumeeee Sat 23-Aug-08 17:56:30

Just wait and don't push it.

nlondondad Thu 28-Aug-08 23:26:44

I always hated my results being discussed with other people. My daughter is the same; so we dont tell anyone. (She has just got AS results; we do say that she is able to proceed to A2, which she is.

Clearing is a funny system a bit of a lottery. If a college has vacent places for any reason (the most usual being that more students then expected did not get the requested grades) then they have to fill them.

A few years ago a very well regarded department in a London University College had to go into clearing because a whole stack of applications got lost behind a filing cabinet.

I knew of this, and when I encountered a school leaver who had just missed a place at a college lower in prestige, I was able to refer them, they were interviewed by the head of department, and got in! All a bit of a fluke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now