Talk

Advanced search

In 11 days....

(9 Posts)
magentadreamer Fri 22-Aug-08 18:09:29

My DD will be starting High School! She was 11 last week. Why am I more nervous about this then when she started reception class? I have visios of all the kit I've bought being left in various classrooms all over the school -thats if DD manages to find her way around! I have visions of Miss Dolly Day Dreamer wondering round in circles! It's made worse by the fact all DD's friends are going to another High School - only a couple of kids she knows are going to her High School! I have visions of poor DD eating her lunch by herself on the 1st day thats if she finds the dining room and doesn't lose her dinner card.........ARGGGGGGGGGH! Tell me it's gonna be ok pretty pleeeeeeeeeease! Tell me she won't be still wondering around the place at 5pm on her first day tring to get out....

SqueakyPop Fri 22-Aug-08 18:15:17

They are all in the same boat.

NigellaTheOriginal Fri 22-Aug-08 18:15:57

you know she will surprise you.
this time lst year my DD was in exactly this position. head in clouds airhead.
she has thrived and grown in so many ways and has done so well.
i've been a quivering wreck but she's been fine.
you will need wine at the ready. (for you not her!)

magentadreamer Fri 22-Aug-08 18:17:51

I'll stock up on the vino now....

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 22-Aug-08 18:28:31

ds starts on Thursday week and I feel similarly,though I suspect I'm seriously understimaying his ability to cope grin
I worry about :
the locker - will he be able to undo the combination lock
money - will he manage not to lose his purse with lunch money in and cope with the crowds in the canteen ?
will he safely cross two horribly busy roads ?
ad nauseum

magentadreamer Fri 22-Aug-08 18:35:15

Thankfully we live a 5 mins tops walk from School and theres a lollypop lady.... Which of course DD will use just like all the other kids do... *in my dreams* They have keys for the lockers.... another item to lose!

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 22-Aug-08 18:37:32

we aren't far from school, but the roads are scary !!

magentadreamer Sun 31-Aug-08 18:51:21

Two more sleeps to go! School bag all packed - by DD and not me lol Good luck to all the DC's starting High School in the next few days!

Ashantai Mon 01-Sep-08 23:02:22

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs and imagining every scenario known to mankind! I have no idea why cos my daughter is so laid back about tomorrow she'd fall over!!

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck by the time she comes home grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now