Talk

Advanced search

Schools near Latymer

(11 Posts)
LukeOnslow Mon 09-Nov-20 13:58:55

Have a potential to move near Latymer where one of our twins might get an offer. However, what would be a good school to think about for our other twin both private and state schools within the catchment area.

OP’s posts: |
afewtoomanychoices Mon 09-Nov-20 23:12:39

Hi,
Are you implying for your other daughter you need a less academic school? Or do you just want them in separate schools?
I know Palmers Green High is around the corner

Stokey Wed 11-Nov-20 21:38:35

The Latymer catchment is massive - most N, EN and several E postcodes. There's loads of places near by that have decent state and private schools. A few private ones are North London Collegiate, Highgate, Forest school, Bancrofts (may be on the edge), City of London. Is the twin male or female? I don't know state schools in Hampstead, Islington, Enfield area but Camden school for girls, Clapton girls, Mossbourne, Walthamstow girls are all decent state schools.

LukeOnslow Sun 15-Nov-20 14:44:06

Thank you so much. They are girls. And looking at the less competitive schools.

ArcheryAnnie Sun 15-Nov-20 15:52:21

Which Latymer?

LukeOnslow Sun 15-Nov-20 16:39:35

The grammar school in Edmonton

LukeOnslow Sun 15-Nov-20 21:15:23

@afewtoomanychoices Thanks for Palmers Green High School. I don't see a deadline for applying to the school. Is the selective criteria fairly less than other independent schools? Do you know?

afewtoomanychoices Sun 15-Nov-20 22:39:39

Yes it is definitely less than the other schools mentioned, but still lovely and girls do thrive. Have friend with daughters there

coffeecup16 Mon 16-Nov-20 02:27:52

Latimer is right next to the West London Free School which my son attends . It was founded by Toby Young . It is supposed to give private schools a run for their money

pickledplumjam Mon 16-Nov-20 03:00:15

Alexandra Park School would be my choice. But surely you've missed the state school deadline for next year? Was it not October 31?

ArcheryAnnie Mon 16-Nov-20 07:12:06

coffeecup16

Latimer is right next to the West London Free School which my son attends . It was founded by Toby Young . It is supposed to give private schools a run for their money

That's why I asked "which Latymer" - the OP is asking about the one in Edmonton, not west London.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in