Talk

Advanced search

Presdales in Ware

(6 Posts)
POOTLEQ10 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:05:01

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience of Presdales in Ware?. Am looking at schools for my DD but have heard some rumours of a bullying issue- any truth to it? TIA

OP’s posts: |
Lamere Sat 31-Oct-20 11:35:11

No personal experience but there is a local Facebook page for mums in the Hertford & Ware area and you will get plenty of feedback there.

PresentingPercy Sat 31-Oct-20 16:03:18

I know a young lady who went there who is gifted and very talented in a number of areas. The school was excellent for her. Obviously this is one DD but clearly the academics are good.

bruffin Thu 05-Nov-20 19:16:32

I knew a few girls who went there(my ds went out with a few Presdales girls and my friend had 3 girls go there.
Definitely had a bullying problem back then including one of the girls telling me how they bullied the teacher!
This was a few years ago so not sure if its changed. I wouldn't have sent my Dd there.
I think a certain type of girl does really well there but quiet ones not so well

GoldenMalicious Thu 05-Nov-20 19:22:55

My mum went there during WW2 when it was a girls’ grammar school.... she seemed to enjoy it... I realise this is no help whatsoever but seeing the name made me a little bit nostalgic!

PresentingPercy Thu 05-Nov-20 22:08:23

I also think most schools have DC who bully others periodically. It’s something that settles down and then can rear it’s head again if just one bullying child turns up. So I think it’s not an even position in any school in any year group. Some year groups might have 100 per cent decent DC. Your DC might be unlucky or they might never encounter any bullying type of child. You should look at the schools bullying policies and check, as far as you can, that they are carried out. That’s difficult to do but I wouldn’t avoid a school due to historic stories of bullying. Your DC might never encounter it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in