Talk

Advanced search

Upper Wharfedale

(4 Posts)
CiaraStorm Thu 23-Jul-20 13:08:19

Interested in people’s thoughts/opinions/experiences re. Upper Wharfedale secondary. I think it would suit my dd due to its small size (but dd is very academic so more obvious choice would perhaps be Skipton Girls - just not sure that would be right environment for her though). Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Rosieposy4 Fri 24-Jul-20 00:42:26

No idea from student perspective but know of a couple of folk who have taught/ trained there and they rated it very highly.
Skipton girls Does have a bit of a rep for being very hothousey so If I was in that situation now I would be very tempted to opt for Upper Wharfedale.

2gorgeousboys Fri 24-Jul-20 13:40:42

Upper Wharfedale has a good reputation and I have several friends that send/sent their children there and really rated it. The Head is brilliant and has worked really hard during Covid to support school families. They also have good SEN provision.

Personally, I don't like the grammar system so wouldn't use SGHS (or Ermysteds) but obviously lots of local and non local families do so. I've heard anecdotally about problems with mental health and eating disorders at SGHS but that is probably the result of a girls only environment rather than the school itself.

CiaraStorm Fri 24-Jul-20 15:40:13

Thanks both - very helpful

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in