Advanced search

Out of regular process place Y10

(6 Posts)
Frogusha Mon 29-Jun-20 14:03:14

Asking for a friend, she'd like to move her DS but there aren't many schools in her area. The council page advises to contact schools in council but doesn't say if it's possible to approach nearby school's schools. Has anyone applied to other councils' schools and got a place?

OP’s posts: |
lanthanum Mon 29-Jun-20 15:27:14

If there are spaces, they'll take a pupil from the next council area.

nestvest Mon 29-Jun-20 15:41:35

You can contact any school, in any council area, to ask if there are spaces. If there's a space and no waiting list then they have to give you the space. If there's no space, ask to be put on their waiting list. Some schools sdminister that themselves and others ask the council to do it.

It's a good time to contact them, just before the end of term, as some students may be moving away from the area over the summer.

clary Mon 29-Jun-20 22:15:53

Is he in yr 10 now? I'd strongly advise against moving unless there is some massive reason (I mean knife wielding gangs in his current school, that kind of thing) as he us in the middle of GCSES.
In any year that's a bad idea, but especially this year, with all that's gone one and likely to continue to go on in terms of disruption.

Frogusha Mon 29-Jun-20 23:05:39

Thank you all! He’s in Y9 now Clary.

OP’s posts: |
clary Mon 29-Jun-20 23:07:32

Ah ok sorry, misunderstood, thought you meant yr 10 place this year. Not such an issue then, though he may need to compromise his option choices.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »