Advanced search

Home learning statistics

(6 Posts)
AlexaShutUp Wed 27-May-20 02:27:18

My dd's school reckon that around 85% are engaging with remote learning at least to some extent. So I guess the other 15% are doing nothing - probably the ones who can least afford to do so.

tinytemper66 Wed 27-May-20 02:14:14

Yes. I am going on what classes I personally teach. There are 550 pupils in the school but I don't teach all of them. It is a secondary school. Sorry I should have been more specific. I am disappointed in the engagement.

Feellikedancingyeah Tue 26-May-20 23:03:30

tinytemper is that a mainstream?

OP’s posts: |
tinytemper66 Tue 26-May-20 22:48:52

Out of the 5 classes I teach, so over 100 pupils, about 14 are actually engaging on a regular basis. We have a school policy of wellbeing first so no child will be spoken to about not working. However how we will motivate them when we return is anyone's guess.

reluctantbrit Tue 26-May-20 22:39:28

DD’s secondary, SE London, comfy middle class leafy suburbia girl school said that between 8-18% are not working with the provided tasks.

They get each Monday or Tuesday work for the week, to be handed in on Friday lunchtime.

There is a small percentage of girls who are provided with laptops as they had no devises at home to work on but there may be other underlying issues.

Add a small percentage of SEN Childers who often refuse to work outside their usual routine.

Feellikedancingyeah Tue 26-May-20 21:47:46

What % of pupils in secondary are not engaging with any home learning ?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in