Talk

Advanced search

Girls'/Mixed Indie accessible from Crystal Palace?

(14 Posts)
Psychologika Sun 12-Apr-20 09:58:10

Hi all. I'm looking for any ideas or recommendations for a bright, anxious (possibly High Functioning Autism) girl accessible from Crystal Palace. We know of Sydenham High, but any others we should be aware of?

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 12-Apr-20 13:25:04

Trinity Secondary would be worth a look too x

OhCrumbsWhereNow Sun 12-Apr-20 17:17:16

James Allen Girls?

MarchingFrogs Sun 12-Apr-20 17:24:14

Trinity is a state school, though. Does it have to be an indie?

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 12-Apr-20 17:48:35

oh sorry, I missed the indie bit. If you are set on independent then ignore Trinity but it would be worth a look if you are open to state x

Psychologika Mon 13-Apr-20 09:06:57

Absolutely open to state! Most of the school around us are Harris Academies, and I would not willing place her there. Thinking about alternatives!

We have a few years! I always thought Allynes/ James Allen were the type of school that needed to be applied for at birth?

OhCrumbsWhereNow Mon 13-Apr-20 13:00:05

If she's good at sport or music then Kingsdale Foundation School in East Dulwich is worth a look - lottery entry, but the top 15% for the sport and music scholarships are guaranteed a place.

minisnowballs Mon 13-Apr-20 16:16:51

Sydenham Girls (state)?
St Dunstans? (independent mixed)
Newstead Wood (state grammar?)
The Norwood School has a good rep for pastoral care (state)

Psychologika Mon 13-Apr-20 17:54:11

The states such as Sydenham Girls sound good, but id assume that they have a tight catchment so we'd be unlikely to get in

minisnowballs Mon 13-Apr-20 18:48:18

Depends on the year.... they were very tight and have opened up a lot this year - and waiting lists can move fast for big schools. I have a dd at Sydenham - am a huge fan of the place.

onemouseplace Tue 14-Apr-20 15:54:04

Streatham and Clapham High is 10 mins walk from Streatham Hill station, on the Victoria - Crystal Palace line.

ChristopherTracy Wed 15-Apr-20 11:18:28

Old Palace?

Pleasedontdothat Wed 15-Apr-20 11:22:55

Alleyn’s and JAGS both have entrance exams in the January of Y6 - you need to register your child by the end of November (I think, but obviously check dates). Alleyn’s has a very good SEN department.

AnotherNewt Wed 15-Apr-20 12:10:51

"I always thought Allynes/ James Allen were the type of school that needed to be applied for at birth?"

Noe, you just need to apply on time and then go through the competitive process

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in