Talk

Advanced search

North Tyneside schools

(3 Posts)
Lmcp1981 Sun 22-Mar-20 09:43:39

Help. We live in wallsend and would like to move down the coast as we believe the schools are better. We have our eye on whitley bay high but affordable houses are slim pickings. We've also heard marden high school is good. Does anyone have any experience of these schools? Marden high as a second option opens up a wider catchment area and more houses to choose from.

Thank you in advance.

L

OP’s posts: |
Vinorosso74 Tue 24-Mar-20 17:28:52

Yes Whitley Bay High catchment is the pricier end for the area! Does North Tyneside council have any info about successful applications for out of catchment and distances etc? I know it's a LA who still use fixed catchments but some out of catchment kids must get in (I did years ago!).
I don't live in the area anymore but what about Kings as that is now state isn't it? I don't know much about Marden. Apologies not to be much help but can bump for you at least.

dee73 Mon 30-Mar-20 20:09:43

Cut off to get into wbay high is usually around 1.9 miles away for year 9 intake.
My kids are at Marden and really happy here. There is more affordable housing around Marden too. As Marden has no 6th form, kids often go on to wbay high for 6th form. Easier to get into 6th form at wbay high, as long as they get the needed gcse grades.
So in summary, both good schools. My kids are at Marden, doing well and are very happy. I would happily recommend it in my own experience.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in