Talk

Advanced search

Next year's YR7's

(14 Posts)
AufishFeQueen Thu 06-Sep-07 12:25:55

Has anybody else received their forms for next year's intake. Received mine this morning, she only went back on Tuesday!

juuule Thu 06-Sep-07 12:44:47

Not received ours yet.

portonovo Thu 06-Sep-07 13:12:18

We normally get ours in the first fortnight of school. However, I actually did my application online on Monday, even quicker than filling in a paper form.

AufishFeQueen Thu 06-Sep-07 19:29:01

I have also now filled in my form online and now am doing the whole wait for whether she gets a place, not that it should be a problem as her older brother goes to the high school.

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 21:33:43

Yes I got ours on Monday, before they had even gone back. Open day is in a couple of weeks.

dmo Fri 07-Sep-07 09:33:50

got mine yesterday all filled in and returned (if not it will get lost)

jalopy Fri 07-Sep-07 16:09:19

Have you all made your decisions or are you waiting for the open evenings at the schools?

roisin Fri 07-Sep-07 17:48:07

We haven't got the forms yet, but they are available online.

We're still prevaricating as to whether our first preference is for him to go to independent or state school.

It's complicated by the fact that he may not get in to the state school in question anyway.

AufishFeQueen Fri 07-Sep-07 17:56:53

We made the decision based on how my dear son did at the school. We liked what we saw when we went to the open evening, will be going there again though this year as dear daughter is wanting to go and have a look around even though she's been there plenty of times before.

Celia2 Sun 09-Sep-07 08:30:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seeker Sun 09-Sep-07 08:41:12

This may be teaching grandmothers to suck eggs - but I really would advise looking at all the possible schools before making up your mind even if you think you know where you want dcs to go. We thought we knew, but changed our minds completely after the open day - dd didn't like the school we thought she would go to at all and fell in love with one we hadn't even really considered. So far (but it's only 3 days into the term!!!!!) we're very glad we changed.

roisin Sun 09-Sep-07 12:35:56

Celia - no it doesn't matter that we are in decision limbo, we have several months before we have to make a decision; and never if he doesn't get a place at the state school.

But I had hoped to have made the decision last January hmm

roisin Sun 09-Sep-07 12:37:35

Btw personally I wouldn't set much store by what you see or hear at Open Evening.

I think you get a more accurate picture by visiting during a regular school day, looking at results esp. CVA, reading recent Ofsted reports, and speaking to current/recent students and parents.

seeker Sun 09-Sep-07 17:00:56

We narrowed it down, then rang and asked our final three if we could visit during a normal day. One said a straight no, one said we could make an appointment, and one said "yes of course, drop in any time and odn't forget to bring your dd" We chose the last one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: