Talk

Advanced search

Bancrofts / Chigwell or Forest

(5 Posts)
Blinks20 Sat 22-Feb-20 22:20:18

Hoping for some insight into the above schools. DS has received offers into all at 11+.
We was always aiming for Chigwell as felt he didn’t stand a chance at Bancrofts- but he’s done it !

Appreciate any insight / advice

OP’s posts: |
MrsMummyBx Thu 30-Apr-20 08:29:03

@Blinks20 what did you decide? We are at the other end of the scale (prep) and keen on Bancrofts for proximity and academic results but unsure about some other factors...

Blinks20 Thu 30-Apr-20 08:36:01

Hi - we went for Bancrofts, was a tough decision as both fabulous schools. Main pull was DS would be attending Bancrofts with friends from his primary too

OP’s posts: |
Cherryonthetop2019 Thu 30-Apr-20 20:43:11

Having lived in the area for these schools for many years and with friends having attended all 3 and now sending gbeinown children. Bancroft is the most academic, Forest is a good school that teaches in single sex classes but has all the benefits of a co-Ed. Chigwell is where nouveau riche send their not particularly intelligent children.

MrsMummyBx Thu 30-Apr-20 23:09:40

@Blinks20 I think that’s a great choice. I went to Forest for prep and enjoyed it but it had a totally different vibe at secondary level and I left half way through to go elsewhere and loved it. In recent years the academics have slipped even further and I won’t be sending my DC there. I know several people whose DC really enjoy Chigwell but I’m not totally sold on the academics plus we live in walking distance of Bancrofts so will probably make that the first choice unless an outsider enters the ring! The next question is do we go for 7+ or 11+ - if 7+ we would be shifting DC1 from current lovely small prep but it would take the pressure off the 11+.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in