Talk

Advanced search

Bromley High Seniors 11+ results

(6 Posts)
Orpingtonmum44 Wed 22-Jan-20 17:18:03

Anyone waiting on the results of the BH y7 entry for September? I was hoping we would have heard by now. We dont know anyone else who applied but some friends got the results of their 4 year olds assessments last week. We are very much hoping DD will be offered a place.

OP’s posts: |
Squadgal Wed 22-Jan-20 19:32:48

Offer letters will be sent out on 7th Feb. Only the handful of girls who did will enough to get an academic scholarship interviews have heard back from them so far. Good luck!

Orpingtonmum44 Thu 23-Jan-20 18:25:29

Thank you smile

NewElthamMum13 Mon 27-Jan-20 23:39:24

Couple of years ago now, but my daughter was offered an academic scholarship and the letter was dated 5th February. I seem to remember that her friends who weren't offered scholarships received letters at the same time.

Orpingtonmum44 Tue 28-Jan-20 07:16:53

Thank you. Is your DD enjoying it there NewElthanMum? DD wont know anyone else going but is desperate for a place. I also have a DD on the waiting list for a place in y4 , bit stressful waiting for a place to come up!!

NewElthamMum13 Sun 02-Feb-20 15:02:41

Yes, she does enjoy it. I have some mixed feelings over whether she'd have been better off at a mixed grammar school. However, in terms of the day to day things that matter - she often talks of an easy, friendly relationship between staff and girls. Staff talk about how much they enjoy working there compared to other schools. They have a 'pastoral puppy' who you can go for walks with. The food is good. Sport is excellent and the sports teachers push her. There is a good programme of visiting speakers. Lots of musical opportunities. It seems to be a nice place to be and I do feel the girls are looked after. Her older brothers are at Eltham College and they really love their school, but unfortunately it wasn't taking girls when she was going into y7.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in