(3 Posts)
elay5 Thu 16-Jan-20 15:44:42

So dd has acceptance to interview at

St Pauls
City of London girls

Still waiting on
NLCS
Habs

She wants St Pauls and I have to say I am so impressd with her work ethic but now that we are approaching D Day am thinking about the outlay and potential 1hr journey daily plus how diverse is the school would love to know opinions of non white parents who might have a child there

My pocket would much rather prefer our state school which is selective in our catchment area

OP’s posts: |
Mustbetimeforachange Thu 16-Jan-20 17:56:16

If you have a good local state school why would you make her travel an hour & pay £££?

Glaciferous Thu 16-Jan-20 21:00:43

The school is very diverse in terms of heritage, obviously not so much in terms of affluence (though there are plenty of girls on bursaries). I am not white. I see parents of all ethnic backgrounds at parents evenings and do not particularly feel unusual (in fact probably less so than in daily life).

DD is at St Paul's and also got into a sought after state grammar locally. We sent her to St Paul's because the curriculum suited her better. She is having the time of her life but did spend most of the first year absolutely exhausted. So, erm, swings and roundabouts really!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in