Talk

Advanced search

Kingston Grammar 10+

(5 Posts)
UnitDare Sun 12-Jan-20 16:33:57

Hello!
Did anyone else's DC sit the KGS 10+ yesterday? I wasn't expecting quite so many people! DS seemed OK with it but not holding out too much hope here, good practice though.

With that said does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from the school?

Thanks!

ripple11 Sun 12-Jan-20 17:54:54

Re numbers : yesterday was also used as the 11+ reserve day for those who couldn't do last Tuesday.....so that would boost turnout!

BookSkark Sun 12-Jan-20 19:27:00

DD did it yesterday. Said it was okay but she didn't finish the VR and there were a couple of maths questions she didn't understand so not holding out much hope. Good practice though.

I'm assuming we'll hear later this week, but that's purely based on the Hampton 10+ timings. That said, if interviews are on the 29th, that gives them a good couple of weeks before they really need to let people know, so who knows?!

Frostyskies1223 Sun 12-Jan-20 19:39:11

From previous years the admissions team doesn't turn its attention to the 10 plus until they have sorted the 11plus interview emails which are probably another week away.

Normalisboring Thu 16-Jan-20 09:13:26

The sheet given out at open day says results come afternoon of 22nd. It was busy wasn’t it? My dc finished the papers, but stated with glee how quickly they had done the multiple choice for comprehension. Knowing their attention to detail, these were not the words that I wanted to hear! So again, not optimistic, but useful practice. 😬

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »