Talk

Advanced search

Wellington Assesment Day

(2 Posts)
Ds123 Sun 12-Jan-20 10:25:03

I was wondering if anybody can give me insight into the Wellington assessment day. DS will be attending and I’m wondering what to expect. Would especially love some examples of what objects their children brought.

Zodlebud Sun 12-Jan-20 11:47:35

Not Wellington but my daughter recently attended an interview where she had to bring along an object.

It’s designed to be an ice breaker so choose something your child can talk a lot about. My daughter chose to take a trophy she had won (not sporting) because not only could she talk about the awards ceremony itself, it also reflects her hobbies and opened up a whole load of conversation opportunities.

One girl took in a holiday journal from the summer, another her ballet shoes, another a t-shirt she had designed with bubble paint and sequins, another their favourite (and well worn) book.

Seriously, don’t overthink it. Just go for something that offers the opportunity for in depth conversation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »