Talk

Advanced search

Problem-solving interview Qs

(8 Posts)
stclair Thu 09-Jan-20 18:09:08

Dd has this style interview next week for 11+. I can’t imagine what type of questions that will be asked of a child. Any ideas please?

TeenPlusTwenties Thu 09-Jan-20 19:00:26

No idea.

How about, you have a cylinder firmly attached to the ground but with a cork in the bottom. How do you get the cork out?

or

You have to get a fox a chicken and a sack of corn across a river ….

Namenic Fri 10-Jan-20 05:41:33

A, E, F, H, I, K, L, M, N, T, V, W, X, Y, Z
Vs
BCDGJOPQRSU (sorry - should have put commas too). What’s the difference between the 2 groups?

There is a pond with a diameter of 3m. Right dead in the centre of it is a frog. How far does it have to jump to get out?

Hehe - I remember those from my interview like 20 yrs ago.

stclair Fri 10-Jan-20 08:01:55

Wow thank you! I would never have dreamt of those types of questions

TeenPlusTwenties Fri 10-Jan-20 10:56:44

While we are talking ponds:

A lily pad doubles in size every day.
After 30 days it covers the pond.
How long did it take to half cover the pond?

1stMrsF Mon 13-Jan-20 11:18:47

My DC got asked 'If I gave you a brick (or a paper clip), what else could you do with it?
They also had a scenario where they had crash-landed on the moon and a list of equipment available to them. They had to say which things would be useful, and which not, and why, and chose 3 things to help them get to the rescue craft.

TheFrendo Mon 13-Jan-20 12:26:19

I spend £100 on a bike and a pump.

The bike costs £90 more than the pump.

How much was the pump?

stclair Tue 14-Jan-20 12:30:08

Well, thanks all for your input but the interview wasn’t problem-solving at all!! Despite what the school emailed to me .... thank goodness!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »