Talk

Advanced search

I live 1.1 mile from school and the last places offered were 0.85 mile very oversubscribed school do I have a chance of getting in from waiting list.

(7 Posts)
lupy Tue 28-Aug-07 20:30:54

I live 1.1 mile from very oversubscribed school in North London the last places offered were 0.85 mile do I have a chance of getting in to yr 7 from waiting list.

Hulababy Tue 28-Aug-07 20:31:58

Can you find whereabouts you are on the waiting list?

ahundredtimes Tue 28-Aug-07 20:34:12

Is this Fortismere?

lupy Tue 28-Aug-07 21:08:55

No. Mill Hill County

Moomin Tue 28-Aug-07 21:14:41

DEpends where you'll be on the waiting list. Don't know about your area but the average in a big city like Birmingham is that if a child is in the top 10 at the beginning of the year (Jan of year 6) they stand a good chance of getting in by the time Y7 starts in the Sept.

At my old state comp in Brum the top 8 pupils usually got in and a few others a little bit into the term.

My nephew was 11th on the waiting list for his preferred school in Jan and he's just been given a place last week for 3rd Sept (this is in an average sized city, not Brum this time)

3littlefrogs Fri 31-Aug-07 15:59:32

Can you ring the school and ask where you are on the WL? They might be able to let you know what the chances are. What other schools have you applied for?

It is a nightmare in N. London isn't it.

3littlefrogs Tue 04-Sep-07 16:43:09

Have you got a school place, lupy?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: