Talk

Advanced search

Oundle House. Which one is right for my DS1?

(2 Posts)
leetrakul Sun 08-Dec-19 02:03:55

Hi all,

I have been lurking around for many years now, but a good friend encouraged me to post this question. We have already been conditionally accepted at Oundle, barring the common entrance exam, which should not be a problem.

My DS1 has a mild case of ADHD, but he was recently diagnosed as an exceptional learner, especially in the area of Fluid Reasoning. He is a very sociable person, that enjoys sports and activities. I was told that he should excel in an intimate learning environment, where he is treated as an individual, and to have someone really push him for the subjects that he excels in.

Currently, we are placed at St. A, but I have been told that it may not be the right fit for him, and can not find any past threads about the houses there. If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
TheWomanTheyCallJayne Fri 17-Jan-20 16:00:23

People talk about the houses as if they have specific personalities but in my experience it entirely depends on the year group he would join with, and also the staff who do change often enough to not be something I would rely on.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in