Talk

Advanced search

Clapton girls Vs Mossbourne Community

(7 Posts)
Fruitloops81 Tue 29-Oct-19 05:37:05

Hello,

Looking for some advice - have 8 and 10 year old daughters and looking to move to Hackney by the end of the year. Narrowed down secondary school choices to Mossbourne Community and Clapton girls and would appreciate any feedback on either including local area.

OP’s posts: |
Fruitloops81 Thu 31-Oct-19 09:19:36

Anyone?

spickles Thu 31-Oct-19 09:26:53

My friends kids are at mossborne and very happy with it. It was in the top 100 schools this year. Perhaps move as close as you can to be in catchment.

Hemst Thu 31-Oct-19 11:57:28

You can't guarantee a place at Mossbourne - places are allocated by lottery. Also, just to warn you, it's a bit of a marmite school. I know kids there who are fine and others who have left as it wasn't for them. In other words, do your research, as a lot will depend on your child. Clapton Girls mostly gets rave reviews. There are other schools in Hackney that are good too though. City's popular (a bit like Mossbourne, so an Academy and some say daftly strict). More liberal, but still structured and very good with a lot of happy kids and parents are Haggerston and Bridge. Or there's Stoke Newington School if you want a liberal comp.

Fruitloops81 Thu 31-Oct-19 12:44:48

Super helpful thank you!

Fruitloops81 Thu 31-Oct-19 13:04:11

I understand that they operate a lottery but moving as close as possible would still give higher weighting right?

Hemst Thu 31-Oct-19 15:59:07

Yes, there's an inner and an outer zone and you have better odds if you're in the inner zone. Worth checking that though, as I'm no expert!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in