Talk

Advanced search

Grammar schools

(4 Posts)
Sulinn Fri 25-Oct-19 23:05:44

My son passed his 11+ recently. We are in a dilemma as to which school to choose - between ICHS or KEGS or Beths. We live in Redbridge - it will be just 20 mins bus ride. KEGS which will be a coach ride 40 mins. My son loves KEGS. We have weighed the pros and cons - leaning towards ICHS but worried about the not so good things we heard about it. Anyone has any experience with ICHS or KEGS? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
chalkyc2 Sat 26-Oct-19 06:00:07

Do you mean Beths in Bexley? From Redbridge? Wouldn't that be a nightmare?! Was he top in the top 180?

I'd go to the closer ones ( but sorry no experience of them).

JoJoSM2 Sat 26-Oct-19 09:41:29

If your son loves KEGS, why would you spite him and put him in a different school? It’s not like he wants to go to a sink comp.

MarchingFrogs Sat 26-Oct-19 17:57:33

Has he got a definite 'high enough for one of the ranked on score, no priority area requirement 20% of places' score for KEGS? And zero interest in anything a school can provide if it isn't a timetabled lesson or something that happens at lunchtime? Or will he be able to get the train if he wants to do an after school activity or is chosen to represent the school in something?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in