Talk

Advanced search

Mill Hill County High School

(4 Posts)
Norberf Wed 23-Oct-19 11:31:29

Hi all,
My daughter has gotten a place at Mill Hill County High School however the school is quite far and I'm not sure if it's worth her traveling that far when we live closeby to APS and Fortismere. Does anyone have enough experience to compare these two local schools to Mill Hill?
Any comments would be much appreciated as I'm quite confused.

OP’s posts: |
FanDabbyFloozy Wed 23-Oct-19 12:32:24

This is not an easy journey. At least two buses if you go via Whetstone and then the 251 down Totteridge Lane?

MHCHS is a great school but has just 1-2 selective classes (academics and music/dance) per year out of a large intake. Therefore I'd suggest that the mix will be the same as APS and your child will do as well there as MHCHS.

Well done to your child for getting a place - no easy feat!

JoJoSM2 Wed 23-Oct-19 16:03:13

No personal experience but looking at the progress and attainment stats for this year and last year, it'd be a pointless journey unless there's something specific Mill Hill offers that you love.

purplerain44 Fri 25-Oct-19 17:19:42

My DD will hopefully be offered a music place at Mill Hill county and she will be travelling 50 mins there and back each day - only one bus though - the 251. It's our first choice because we don't live close enough to another better school. I think it has a good reputation for extra-curricular (music/ dance etc) and we liked the arty/ down-to-earth feel to it with a diverse demographic but has good results.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in