Talk

Advanced search

Ark Putney or Richmond Park Academy 2020

(7 Posts)
Hwrchild Thu 10-Oct-19 12:18:47

This time of year of making decisions for secondary schools. We live on the boarder Richmond/Wandsworth and are in catchments of two secondaries, Ark Putney and Richmond Park. Visited both, have confused feelings.Child likes both, but if you smile to him, he will like it already.
The child is not really academical, average in the class, likes drama, not sports, sensitive. I really want to make the right decision, as my son can't make one. It is 20 min walk for him to RPA and 35 walk (or bus ride) to Ark.
Does anyone have first hand recent experience with any of the schools mentioned?
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Thu 10-Oct-19 22:30:44

I don't know the schools personally but looking at the statistics, children make much better progress at Ark so that could be the better of the two.

Hwrchild Fri 11-Oct-19 16:24:41

That is good to know, thanks. I do lean to Ark all the way despite it is being further away. It looks like the only advantage to chose RPA is the proximity, nothing else really.
I would still appreciate if anyone has had experience with any of the above schools. How happy, safe, encouraged kids feel in the schools.

winteragain Fri 11-Oct-19 18:07:31

No direct experience but know a few children at RPA and they are all really happy there and they are all nice, polite, well behaved children.

Hwrchild Fri 18-Oct-19 15:57:55

Anyone with Ark first hand experience?

JoJoSM2 Fri 18-Oct-19 16:12:27

Me again - the stats for 2019 are out and Richmond Park has done much better. I hope someone with first hand experience will be along soon.

PleaseNoFortnite Sat 19-Oct-19 00:27:18

The only kid that I know that went to Ark recently left because it wasn't academic enough.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in