Talk

Advanced search

A level school in Surrey area

(7 Posts)
Jaz1 Mon 30-Sep-19 23:20:14

Dear mums need your help. Moving back to the Surrey area. Looking for an A level school for my DD. DD is a shy bookworm. So need a school with great support system for new kids.

OP’s posts: |
AnotherNewt Mon 30-Sep-19 23:25:29

State or private, or either?

And do you want to be more or less in London, or in/not in any other parts of the county?
Will you need to commute?

spongedog Mon 30-Sep-19 23:27:55

Try Old Palace in Croydon.

GU24Mum Tue 01-Oct-19 08:54:25

Hi OP, whereabouts in Surrey are you aiming to live? There are lots of options and you'll probably get quite a few suggestions too but it's easier (and more helpful for you!) if we know whether you're looking at Surbiton, Haslemere, Weybridge or somewhere in between.

Jaz1 Tue 01-Oct-19 12:07:29

Thinking more of Reigate/ Epsom area. Any advise on areas to move to would be appreciated. Eldest DD working in London. Easy commute would be great.Don't mind state or private. Just looking for a good, friendly school.

OP’s posts: |
LavenderAndBeeswax Tue 01-Oct-19 12:40:20

Reigate College is very good. The last open evening is today

JoJoSM2 Tue 01-Oct-19 14:05:12

Sutton is just in London (with the old Surrey addresses still). Great for commuting or public transport any time of day and night if your daughter stays out. A fab selection of Sixth Forms: Sutton High is an independent school with excellent pastoral care, there are 2 grammars with tons of very academic girls (I find the schools very friendly) + a range of sixth forms attached to non-selective schools.
Sutton High Street is a bit tired looking.
Reigate is lovely if you want somewhere very pretty but I wouldn't say the transport links are great.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in