Talk

Advanced search

Bede’s Senior or other Sussex independent possibilities?

(8 Posts)
Fidesetopera Thu 26-Sep-19 22:34:02

Hi
I have a child at Ardingly prep - a school we chose for being non-selective- but now they’re upping the ante we fear she won’t make it into the senior school.
Looking for somewhere happy, sporty, hard-working but not academically too tough. She works hard but just isn’t that way inclined!
Bede’s seems a good option - anyone with any experience of it, or other places that might fit the bill?
Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Ohwiseone Thu 26-Sep-19 23:18:34

Hi, are you talking about year 7 or year 9 entry? I don’t know Ardingly so unsure how their prep/senior school works. Bedes Senior is from year 9 at the Dicker and I always thought that they were mildly selective. I may well be wrong. Have you taken a look at Roedean Moira House in Eastbourne? Lovely school, excellent facilities with new labs recently, great pastoral care and fantastic staff. They joined the Roedean group of schools a few years back but are not selective. They get amazing results for a non selective school. My daughter has been there since year 6 and is in her final year now.
www.roedeanmoirahouse.co.uk

Fidesetopera Fri 27-Sep-19 06:40:11

Yes, year 9. That's great to know as I've heard of Roedean (and sort of discounted it due to the old money/huge % full board international - which may not be accurate...) but not Moira House branch. Will definitely check it out - thanks so much x

sussexmama33 Sat 28-Sep-19 13:19:16

I have a thread going at the moment about a couple of schools in your area www.mumsnet.com/Talk/education/3700260-Bethany-Battle-Abbey-Heathfield-or-Uplands?watched=1&msgid=90411771#90411771

Not sure if these are too far out from you but you might find some of it useful. I have boys but the little indy my sons attend, many of the girls go onto Mayfield and seem to love it.

LIZS Sat 28-Sep-19 13:21:16

Battle Abbey, Worth or Hurst?

Fidesetopera Sun 29-Sep-19 03:38:00

Thanks! Will check out those ones. Fear Hurst is along same lines as Ardingly academically. Shame as it looks great x

WannabeGilmoreGirl Wed 02-Oct-19 15:31:19

Hurst is meant to be amazing for sport though.

We are going to look at Roedene, Hurst,Lingfield and then a couple in Surrey.

Without seeing them, Roedene is definitely our favourite on paper.

leopardandspots Wed 16-Oct-19 21:58:23

Do look at Roedean in Brighton too - it is not all old money as was suggested. About two thirds of the girls (or more) are Sussex based day girls. The rest are flexi borders from London and a positive international element too.

In addition to the many day girls from Brighton and Hove there's a network of mini buses collecting day girls from lots of directions across Sussex.
It's a fab school - gentle and nurturing with lovely staff.
It's like buying a house you need to have a look!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in