Talk

Advanced search

Chiswick, Twyford or Green School

(7 Posts)
MintyIguana Fri 20-Sep-19 11:54:05

Is anyone else making a similar choice or has any advice? Have looked at all 3 and can see pros and cons in all of them, so struggling to decide for DD. I'm aware of admissions criteria for all of them and we have a good chance of getting whichever we put as our first choice.

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Fri 20-Sep-19 13:18:23

Given a failed Ofsted and average progress scores, I'd give Chiswick a miss and choose between the other two as they're much stronger academically.

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 20-Sep-19 17:01:23

Chiswick's new head is very impressive and the difference she has made to the school in just a term is pretty major. GCSE results up again this year so that's a year on year improvement.

Feel free to PM me. I actually have a child there unlike many who prefer the Chiswick-Is-A-Failing-School narrative. Ofsted are due in any day now by the way. However, if you are going for a religious school - Green School/Twyford - then you've been going to church for so long I assume your intention was Twyford which undoubtedly has miles better results having effectively selected by religion and having much lower numbers of FSM.

MintyIguana Fri 20-Sep-19 17:55:45

Yep I'm impressed by what I'm seeing of Chiswick and new head. It's definitely one to watch. Plus it seems to have the most extensive curriculum of all of them. Heard enough good things about it to reassure me that it will be fine. Was interested to hear any insider views of Twyford because I'm only aware of what I've seen on paper.

OP’s posts: |
Linneasweet Sat 21-Sep-19 20:29:52

The Green school for girls are very good. Looked around all the 3 schools mentioned 4 years ago and feel I made the right choice for DD with TGSG.

cakeisalwaystheanswer Sun 22-Sep-19 10:34:47

I know nothing of the others but DD knows a few boys at Chiswick and they have amazing GCSE results from last year. These are normal kids who like to party etc, not the kind who spent the last 5 years in a library. Chiswick must be doing something right.

ripple11 Sun 22-Sep-19 12:54:06

If I “qualified “ for Twyford and that is not at all easy! ...then I would choose it over the other two.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in