Talk

Advanced search

Uniform Blazer pocket doesnt fit logo badge

(133 Posts)
Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 17:46:10

Where should I sew it.

DH suggested opposite side of the pocket (where there is no pocket).
I'm thinking one of the lower pockets where the badge does fit.

It just needs the badge on the blazer, the notes do not specify where, but it really doesnt fit the top blazer pocket where it would normally go.

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 17:47:47

Just so you can see how big it is. The logo goes from edge to edge.

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 17:49:50

Hopefully it attached this time

littleducks Sun 01-Sep-19 17:49:52

You can't send kid with badge on the wrong pocket. That's just mean, can you switch blazer for one with larger pocket? Tbh I thought pockets were fairly standard sized until now

littleducks Sun 01-Sep-19 17:51:04

Though now I can see pics that's one large badge....what do kids on school website have? You sure you have right way round?

SavoyCabbage Sun 01-Sep-19 17:51:07

Wow that really is too big. Presumably loads of people will be in the same boat. I think I'd want it on the correct side so it was less noticeable so I think I'd sew it on the pocket and sticking over the edges too. But without sewing the pocket closed.

Seeline Sun 01-Sep-19 17:53:23

Yes to looking on the website to see what others have done.

I'd be tempted to remove the pocket, and put the badge in its place. You could always put the pocket on the other side if you wanted a pocket.

SavoyCabbage Sun 01-Sep-19 17:54:12

I'm doing my nampetapes right now and so I was about to measure the pocket only to discover....it's not a pocket at all!well, it's a working pocket but it's not a rectangle on the outside like yours.

CupoTeap Sun 01-Sep-19 17:55:54

Look at the school website?

cheeseandcrackers Sun 01-Sep-19 17:56:07

I think you have to do whatever everyone else does, you must all have the same problem. Definitely not lower down. I'd see over the pocket rather than place the badge somewhere odd

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 17:56:09

They probably won't be in the same boat, if they all bought from the school shop with the logo already embroidered. I couldn't, the material was awful and the colour wasnt quite navy and it was obvious against the rest of the navy uniform. So choices are opposite breast pocket or lower pocket.

PonderingPanda Sun 01-Sep-19 17:58:17

@Faultymain5 - so did you buy a random blazer and hope it matches?

Knittedfairies Sun 01-Sep-19 17:58:22

Can you take the pocket off?

MarigoldGlove Sun 01-Sep-19 17:59:11

Well neither of those as you want your child to look the same as everyone else. Not different with the school badge melting down the blazer or on the wrong side but with the perfect colour navy blazer.

PonderingPanda Sun 01-Sep-19 18:00:17

Surely the uniform shop blazer colour is the correct one and school won't accept yours. I know DS school wouldn't accept anything other then correct school uniform - style and colour

SavoyCabbage Sun 01-Sep-19 18:00:21

Taking the pocket off is a good idea.

littleducks Sun 01-Sep-19 18:01:16

I think you need to rethink blazer decision.

JoceHark Sun 01-Sep-19 18:03:37

Mate

Seriously, do not land your kid with a blazer that makes him stick out like a sore thumb.

I was a bloody sod in school and I can think of ten names he will have been called by the end of assembly. Why the fuck would you go rogue and buy a blazer because you 'don't like the navy' on the other one. Its not you thats going to be called blazer wanker for the next five years.

I knew a kid who was picked on every day because he had a weird shaped freckle. You're handing him to them on a plate

IWantMyHatBack Sun 01-Sep-19 18:03:59

Just look at the pictures on the school website and work it out. There will be ones of kids in the uniform.

Don't put it in the wrong place, that's just weird and bizarre

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 18:04:30

There is one picture on the website 3 kids and no view of blazersconfused

IWantMyHatBack Sun 01-Sep-19 18:05:50

Oh fgs, you bought a different blazer? Just get one from the school shop

PonderingPanda Sun 01-Sep-19 18:05:58

OP - are you actually allowed to get a different blazer to what the uniform shop sells?

Raphael34 Sun 01-Sep-19 18:07:41

Did you buy him the wrong blazer because you didn’t like the school ones?

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 18:09:09

@littleducks et all, an M&S blazer is not random. It's standard, the freaking badge is not. I'm tempted to leave it off.

Faultymain5 Sun 01-Sep-19 18:10:06

@ponderingpanda. Yes you are. which is why the sell the badge separately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »